Stainless steel sinks happen to be quite popular, more so than sinks constructed from other materials, for its sheer utility and functionality. The fact that stainless steel sinks last longer than other types is another reason why it also happens to be more in demand than other sinks. And this is also the reason why most vendors have come out with their own line of customized stainless steel sinks and accessories. If you are looking for a reasonably priced sink with all the bells and whistles, then you need to take a closer look at stainless steel sinks. Moreover, these days, stainless steel sinks come with advanced functionality and some have even integrated sound proofing technology into the product as well. Just check out some of our top selection of stainless steel sinks, but before that, you may want to take a closer look as to what you need to look for, when considering these sinks.
Best Stainless Steel Sink Reviews 2019
These are some of the best stainless steel sinks in the market; do check them out and choose one that’s a good fit.
The Zuhune Modena is a 16 gauge 32 inch stainless steel sink that is deep enough to enable you to clean your large vessels with ease. This sink certainly features a flawless design that’s outstanding enough and it comes packed with all the functionality that you can expect in a stainless steel sink and more. It comes with a brushed stainless steel finish which makes it glow with a new sheen. Apart from the finish, and the various accessories that it comes with, it also features an incredibly designed faucet as well. If you were on the lookout for a multi-functional stainless steel sink with a great design and awesome aesthetics, then this is the one that you need to take a closer look at. Let us check out some of the pros and cons of this sink,
- It comes with a great, glossy finish thanks to the brushed steel
- It is durable and resilient and happens to be scratch proof as well, which is a big plus
- It is resistant to both corrosion and rust
- It also comes with a T304 bottom tray which should help protect your sink from scratches and the rest
- It is easy to clean
- It requires some serious maintenance on your part to keep it looking ‘fresh’
This is a great sink and it may seem a tad pricey than a few other brands out there, but it is worth the price.
The Ruvati is a 32 inch stainless steel double bowl sink that certainly manages to stand out for the right reasons. For starters, it comes with the following dimensions – 33 x 22 Inch and comes with top mount installation as well as a rim of 1”X ¼” which certainly makes it look all the more attractive. What makes this sink interesting is the extra functionality it comes with, such as its brushed finish, and heavy duty sound proofing. This sink utilizes sound proofing technology in the form of undercoating and thick rubber padding which absorbs all and any noise that your sink may generate. Apart from this, it also comes with a sloped drain and grooves for water drainage which is effective enough to remove and drain any standing water. This sink is as good as it gets and that’s why you need to take a closer look at its pros and cons,
- The brushed steel gives the sink a glossy finish
- It is easy to clean and remarkably so
- It is scratch resistant as well as corrosion and rust resistant
- It comes with bottom rinse guards, basket strainer drain assembly, and many more accessories
- It is a beauty to look at
- It is slightly expensive
- It requires regular maintenance
On the whole, this sink is as good as it seems. It certainly packs in all the extra functionality that you would want in a sink and more; it is definitely a good choice to make.
One of the first things that you need to look for, when it comes to stainless steel sinks is to determine its functionality and more importantly, the steel gauge. It is made from 16 gauge steel, which means that the sink is thick enough so you should not be able to dent it easily. It comes with a large, deep single bowl, one that you can easily use to clean up your various vessels with ease. But what makes this sink stand out is the fact that it comes with sweeping corners which make it easier to clean. Incidentally, this sink was also ranked quite high when it came to stainless steel sinks on account of its functionality and design. It certainly manages to cause quite an impression and when you factor in its functionality as well, you can see why this sink was ranked quite high. This product comes with several accessories including basket strainer, bottom grid, kitchen towel, mounting hardware, detailed manual and much more. It also comes with lifetime limited warranty as well. Check out some of the pros and cons of this sink,
- It is a 16 gauge, under mount stainless steel sink and comes with the following dimensions – 31 1/2″ x 18 3/8″ x 10″
- It is thick enough and is dent resistant, scratch resistant and also resistant to both rust and corrosion
- It comes packed with all the accessories you need
- It is perfect for heavy duty use
- It stains a little easily
This sink does come with a great look and packs in a lot of functionality; it should definitely help liven up your kitchen and is a great model as well.
This is a 33 inch double bowl (60/40) sink that comes with a great design and enhanced functionality as well. For starters, you can wash your dirty dishes in one end of the sink and then allow them to dry out in the other. Apart from this, it comes with the following dimensions – 33” x 20.75” x 10” and is constructed from 16 gauge T304 stainless steel, which makes it thick enough and resistant to scratches, dent, rust as well as corrosion. Do check out the various pros and cons of this sink,
- It comes with deep double bowls
- It is scratch and dent resistant, as well as corrosion and rust resistant as well
- It features sound defend technology which absorbs any noise generated by the sink
- It features a 3.5” inch drain, and comes with a sloped bottom as well
- it requires regular maintenance
This is a fantastic sink and one that comes with a great design and is multi-functional as well. It is reasonably priced and certainly worth the price tag.
Best Stainless Steel Sinks 2019 Buying Guide
When it comes to picking out the right stainless steel sink for your kitchen, you may find the process a tad overwhelming. Here are a few things that you may want to keep in mind when assessing the various sinks.
- Material: The first thing that you need to determine is what kind of steel is the sink constructed from; it should be clearly listed along with the product details. The best type of material to aim for is T304, so you may want to ensure that you pick out a sink that’s especially constructed with the same.
- Steel gauge: All stainless steel sinks are constructed with a specific gauge; the gauge is a measure of steel thickness and it usually ranges from 15-23, when it comes to stainless steel sinks. The lower the value, the thicker the sink and that is why you need to pay attention to this metric; you must aim for a steel gauge value of 16 or lesser for optimal thickness.
- Styles: Stainless steel sinks come in various styles that manage to fit in with your kitchen irrespective of its décor or style. These sinks come in various styles, which can range from utilitarian to minimalistic and you need to choose the one that appeals most to you. But the point is that irrespective of what look you may go for, a stainless steel sink with the perfect finish would certainly add a new allure to your kitchen.
- Installation: You may also want to check out if the product in question comes with a top mount, under mount installation or whether it happens to be a drop in. One of the reasons that you may want to check this out is that top mounts and under mount sinks may come with the additional cost of installation where as drop-ins are usually the least expensive of the three.
Tips for cleaning and maintaining your stainless steel sink
When it comes to stainless steel sinks, you still need to spend a fair amount of time cleaning them up and maintaining them, so that they last longer. You may want to consider the following tips for the same,
- Warm water: One of the effective ways of cleaning your stainless steel sink is with warm water, and some gentle detergent. This should help to get rid of any stains as well as particulates and should get your sink shining again.
- Water spots: Do note that if you let water stagnate in your sink for a while, then it can develop water spots which can be quite difficult if not near impossible to remove. So, the best thing is to ensure that no water stagnates in your sink for extend periods of time. In fact, you may want to pick out stainless steel sinks that come with a sloping bottom which should effectively prevent any water from stagnating in your sink.
- Rust and corrosion: Yes, stainless steel sinks by definition are resistant to both rust and corrosion. However, if you allow water to stagnate in your sink for a while, then it would develop rust stains, which will impair the way your sink looks.
- Cleaning products: Before using powerful cleaning products on your stainless steel sinks, you may first want to read if it comes with any warning. Some of the cleaning products can scratch your sink; it can cause your sink to develop a pitted look and more. This can mar the beauty of your sink so make sure that you check out the various cleaning products and choose the one that’s right for your sink.
These are some of the important tips that should help you clean and maintain your stainless sink better, and in the process, get much more out of your sink.
These are some of the top ranking stainless steel sinks; do read the description, check out the various features and decide which one appeals the most to you. All the sinks featured here, stand out on account of one reason or the other, do check them out again.