When it comes to selecting sinks for your kitchen, you need to take care, as a good kitchen sink can make all the difference to your kitchen. They are not meant to be merely functional but need to come with a great design, that integrates them with the rest of the kitchen. The sink could well become the centre piece of your kitchen. Granted that there are several types of kitchen designs you could go for, you could also go for a top mount kitchen sink or an under mount kitchen sink, as each comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Apart from this, there’s the material that you would need to consider when selecting your kitchen sink. That’s why it is important that you review the rest of the article including the various types of kitchen sinks, materials to choose from. We have also reviewed some of the top kitchen skinks for your convenience, so do read on.
Best kitchen sink Reviews 2019
We have reviewed some of the best kitchen sinks for your convenience, do check them out below:-
The Ruvati is a top mount, single bowl stainless steel kitchen sink; as it is, it is quite compact, and one that certainly looks elegant. It comes with the following dimensions – 31” by 18” by 10” (exterior: 33 x 22 x 10). This best kitchen sink is certainly large enough to hold big pans and you should be able to use the same to clean your big vessels with ease. What makes this kitchen sink stand out is that it comes with the requisite depth so you should be able to clean several vessels at once without having to worry about spilling water over the sides.
You can opt for the basic design or even go in for something a little better but as far as functional use goes this sink does an effective job of the same. Do keep in mind that this is a top mount sink which means that it is going to be sitting on top of your countertop, with the edges flaring at the sides. That may make a tad harder to clean the countertop as well as the sink. On the positive side of things, this sink is a lot easier to install and can be retrofitted to fit in the cavity. And with the sink rim resting on top of the countertop, it can actually help prevent the edges from chipping off or cracks developing along the same. And being stainless steel, it is corrosion resistant and comes with built-in durability as well. Check out some of the pros and cons of this kitchen sink,
- It is composed of stainless steel
- It is corrosion resistant and durable, so it should last you for a long while
- It comes with three holes for faucets and dispensers
- It also comes with a garbage disposal air switch
- It also comes with all the accessories that you would need
- It comes with sharp corners and is a little hard to clean
- It also catches litter on the sides, especially around the edges
As far as kitchen sinks go this one comes with all the functionality that you need and more. It certainly helps your kitchen stand out for the right reasons. Incidentally, it also comes with drain grooves as well as an angled base for better water drainage. So you can be sure that water does not stagnate and that it all drains completely away. On the whole, it is a worthwhile purchase.
When it comes to granite sinks, Blanco is one of the best brands for they do make some outstanding sinks. The current one comes with the following dimension, 9 ½” L by 16 ½” W by 9 ½” D along with all the advanced functionality that you would need and more. For starters, the sink is hard to touch and yet feels silky smooth. It is built to be both heat resistant and scratch proof and can withstand temperatures up to 536 F. Of course that begs the question as to why anyone would need a sink that can resist such high temperatures.
What’s interesting is that this best kitchen sink can be installed both as a top mount as well as an under mount sink. It is not exactly what you would term to be spacious but it is functional enough and should provide you with all the space you need to wash your dishes and be able to organize a clean up without any hassle. Check out some of the pros and cons of this kitchen
- It is scratch proof, resistant proof, corrosion resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 536 F
- It comes with a nice functional design
- It comes with a flat deck
- It can withstand all household acids and alkalis as well
- It does not come with mounting clips and strainer, you need to purchase the same separately
- It is slightly thinner and a tad compact
This sink is slightly compact and as it is a single bowl sink, that is to be expected. That being said, it does come with all the advanced functionality that you need. It is certainly heat resistant and corrosion resistant as well. And the composite granite is a nice touch as it certainly makes your sink look great. It is a worthwhile product and one that you definitely need to take a closer look at.
This is a best stainless steel 16 gauge sink and one that happens to be dent resistant as well; it comes with the following dimensions – 28” L by 16” W by 10 D and is certainly spacious enough to meet your current kitchen needs. The sink is made from 16 gauge stainless steel and is quite thick enough. It is also corrosion resistant and durable enough so it should last you for a long while. What’s interesting is that this sink also comes with commercial grade satin finish which makes it dust repellent so you should be able to clean up the sink with ease. So let’s check out some of the pros and cons of this kitchen sink, shall we?
- It is an under mount stainless steel sink that comes with the requisite durability
- It is corrosion resistant and certainly dustproof, thanks to its satin finish.
- It comes with sound guard coating which should help soak up any sounds
- The sink certainly stands out for the right reasons
- It comes with a satin finish which makes this sink dust resistant but it can get scratched easily.
This stainless steel sink manages to stand out on account of its various features, from its dent proof, as well as corrosion resistant. It is both durable and long lasting and just what you would need for your kitchen.
If you are looking for affordable kitchen sinks, which come with good functionality, then this is the one that you need to take a closer look at. For starters, it comes with 16 gauge stainless steel sink and one that is thick and durable enough to last you for some time to come. It also comes with the requisite soundproofing so that you can avoid the usual cacophony when using the sink. It comes with the following dimensions – 28” L by 16 ⅛” W (exterior: 30” x 18 ⅛”) and 9” D. What makes this best budget kitchen sink stand out is the fact that it is not too large nor small but sized just right. So it should definitely help meet your current requirements. Check out some of the pros and cons of this kitchen sink.
- It comes with a luxurious satin finish and is very easy to clean
- It is dent proof as well as corrosion resistant
- It comes with heavy duty soundproofing
- It is affordable and comes with rounded corners that make it quite easy to clean
- The satin finish can lead to some scratching
This best undermount kitchen sink would be perfect for a midsized home/ residence. It is certainly functional and does come with an elegant design along with a satin finish. The sink is easy to clean as well with rounded corners and not acute ones which should make it easier for you to wipe down the surfaces after use. And of course, there is the fact that this sink is also one of the attractively priced ones in the market.
This sink is a single bowl multi-mount kitchen sink that’s been constructed from 16 gauge, T304 stainless steel. The 16 gauge makes the sink dent proof on account of its thickness. When you are purchasing sinks for your kitchen, you need to pay attention to its design, its functionality and the overall cost. As far as the design goes, it is certainly nice and comes with some aesthetic appeal. And that being said, it also comes with all the functionality that you need, from being corruption free to being dust resistant as well as durable.
What makes this sink stand out is the fact that it also comes with the requisite soundproofing in the form of soundproofing pads, which should enable you to mask any noise as you clean your sink. It is basically a farmhouse apron sink and should go well with the rest of your kitchen. So let’s check out some of the pros and cons of this kitchen sink, shall we?
- It comes with an aesthetically pleasing design
- It is a farmhouse apron sink that’s made with 16 gauge stainless steel sink
- It comes with three mounting options, under mount, top mount as well as a flush mount
- It comes with slightly rounded corners which makes it easy to clean up
- It also comes with a satin finish which makes it dustproof, and also features a sloping bottom which should enable you to prevent any water stagnating on the sink itself.
- And you would need a 33” kitchen cabinet on the countertop to install this sink.
- The satin finish can scratch
- It is also a little expensive
This farmhouse apron stainless steel sink does make for an appealing picture; it certainly looks good and features all the functionality that you require in one. It certainly stands out, but the one downside to this kitchen is that it may not be deep enough but that is something that you would have to check out. On the whole, given all its accessories, functionalities this sink certainly stands out for all the right reasons and more. It may be slightly expensive than others but seems to be worth every cent.
If you are looking for something more than your basic sink, then you would want to take a closer look at this farmhouse single basin sink. It comes with self trimming edges and even has a side drain which should make the sink more spacious. It would certainly look good in any kitchen and on any kitchen top. Check out the pros and cons,
- It comes with self trimming edges
- It comes with side drain
- The design is a classic, and elegant at the same time
- It is slightly expensive
This top rated kitchen sink which looks simple enough should be easy to install. It comes with trimmed edges and should stand out in any kitchen. You need to take a closer look at the same.
The stainless steel sink from Frigidaire is an under mount kitchen sink; it comes with all the functionality that you need and more. It is highly resistant to corrosion and happens to be dent proof as well. Check out the various pros and cons of this kitchen sink,
- Stainless steel and also happens to be corrosion resistant
- It is durable
- This sink comes with several free resources
- The stainless steel grate is too narrow
This sink certainly stands out; apart from its design, it also comes with requisite sound proofing. And it is resistant to corrosion, durable and dent proof as well. This is one sink that you would definitely want to consider.
Types of kitchen sinks
Yes, there are various types of kitchen sinks that you can go for, from the very basic to the more arcane and intricately designed one. But irrespective of what model or material you select for your kitchen sink, you should know that broadly, they fall into two categories. You can either go for the top mount kitchen sink or choose an under mount kitchen sink.
Top mount kitchen sinks are generally placed within the cavity on top of your countertop and naturally, they are easier to install and can be installed quickly. You can opt for a top mount kitchen sink in metal, granite or composite granite and even in marble, it’s your call.
Pros and cons of a top mount
- Not easy to clean: When using a top mount kitchen sink, it may not be possible to sweep the entire residue on the countertop onto the sink. As it is a top mount sink, its edges mount the countertop and therefore, any residue you try to sweep in, would in all likelihood be snagged at the corners of the sink.
- Looks: As far as looks go, the top mount tends to be a little bulkier than other variants.
- Easy to replace: If the sink is damaged in any way, you should know that it can be replaced easily
- Price: it is way cheaper than an under mount sink.
Under mount sink
This sink is fixed to the underside of the countertop so it sits well on the countertop. It comes in a variety of sizes and shapes, but above all, it also comes with its own distinct pros and cons.
Pros and cons of an under mount
- Quite easy to clean: It is remarkably easy to clean the countertop as well as the sink itself. Since its edges do not flare up, you can sweep reside off your countertop with ease and move on to cleaning the sink itself, with no rubbish being snagged at the edges. This should help you clean your sink and the countertop more effectively than before.
- Looks: it appears slim and certainly comes with an aesthetic appeal
- Customization: It cannot be customized as you could with a top mount kitchen sink
- Price: it is slightly more expensive than a top mount sink.
These are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the two types of sinks.
Size: It is important that you select the right sized sinks for your kitchen. You could go in for single bowl size or go in for double bowls, and that way you should be able to put one in for cleaning later while washing the other vessel up. The point is that you have enough space in your kitchen sink for there’s nothing worse than to end up with a small sized one, so much so that it starts to affect the basic functionality of the sink itself.
Different materials that you can opt for
When it comes to selecting a sink to install in your kitchen, half the battle would be over what sort of material to opt for. Given that most sinks come in various types of materials, from metal to granite.
- Cast iron: This is one of the popular materials; most consumers prefer fast iron as it is easier to clean. Once your sink is clean, it should start to sparkle which is all the more reason why so many users prefer a cast iron sink to anything else. What makes this material stand out is its durability and its resistance to stains, dirt, grease and pretty much anything else that you can think of.
- Copper: Copper certainly makes for an attractive sink; with its sheen, it should certainly help your room and in this case, your kitchen would certainly stand out. On the downside, you would need to regularly clean up the sink at the end of each day to prevent discolouration which can be a drag in more ways than one.
- Composite granite: This material, has found more traction among online users of late. It is mostly composed of powdered granite and as such, it should certainly match the rest of your kitchen. What makes this particular model stand out is the fact that it is quite durable, resistant to corrosion and stains. On the downside, these sinks are costly and can crack easily as well.
- Fire clay: Fire clay, as the name suggests happens to be moulded clay sinks that are exposed to high temperatures. And as such, these sinks are durable and resistant to cracks.
These are some of the materials currently available for developing your kitchen sink. So when selecting the same, you may want to review all, the current materials that are available. You would want to weigh in the materials, and then choose the right one that meets your current requirements. Do remember that kitchen sinks, tend to vary in cost. So work out the budget and determine which sort of sink you would prefer.
These are some of the top kitchen sinks and as you can see, each one stands out on account of one reason or the other. Selecting a kitchen sink is never easy which is why we have reviewed some of the top kitchen sinks in the market and posted the same here for your easy reference. Do remember that the budget may vary widely between an under mount stainless steel sink and a top mount fired clay sink, for example. So do check online and check out the various types of kitchen sinks that are currently available. Make sure that you check the manufacturers and see what other customers had to say about their products and before you purchase the sink, make sure that it comes with warranty coverage. Granted that these sinks are designed to be durable, but it is always a good idea to be prepared.